Treatment health and safety advice
Certain medical conditions can be affected by the treatment experiences, may preclude you from having some of the treatments available, or may require us to adjust the treatment to accommodate any conditions.
If you wish to participate in the treatment experiences or treatments and suffer from any of the following please consult with your doctor prior to your booking and obtain written evidence of your fitness to participate.
• You have had surgery within the last six months.
• You have had a deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
• You suffer from heart or circulatory problems, high or low blood pressure, migraines, dizziness, or fainting spells.
• You suffer from diabetes or epilepsy.
• Any condition affecting your body’s ability to react to heat or to perspire.
• Asthma or any chest condition likely to be aggravated by high temperatures.
• Use any drugs which may affect your circulation or your ability to react to heat.
• You have been prescribed antihistamines, anticoagulants, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants or tranquillisers.
Cancer, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy
If you have had or are currently undergoing treatment for cancer, we do have a range of treatments, designed specifically for those who are undergoing treatment or who have been treated for cancer. These treatments can be adapted to your specific needs and no prior GP/ Consultant approval is required.
Please be aware that many of the spa experiences, treatments and certain express treatments are unsuitable for pregnant guests. We do have a specially designed treatment for expectant mothers, this is suitable after the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, this is subject to therapist skillset and availability and we can refuse treatment on expectant mothers if there is not a therapist trained specifically in pregnancy massage.
We use many essential oils within our treatments and spa experiences, please discuss any allergies you have with our therapists prior to your treatment.
If you have a disability or any particular care requirements, please seek advice at the time of booking to allow us to help you get the most out of your session safely.